Outstanding Ofsted result for Pontville School
Staff, pupils and parents from Pontville School are celebrating following the publication of their latest residential report by Ofsted.
The residential provision has been judged as outstanding again demonstrating the incredible difference the school continues to make to its pupils and their families. The Ofsted report was glowing in praise for the overall experiences and progress of children and young people, how well they are helped and protected, and the effectiveness of leaders and managers.
The report noted:
- Excellent relationships with staff give children and young people the reassurance and confidence to take on new situations and challenges.
- Staff work cohesively with parents to ensure consistent approaches when children and young people are at home. Communication between the home and school is a key strength. One parent commented that her child no longer requires as many visual prompts ‘because he understands routines and can do things more independently’.
- Children and young people are supported to learn strategies to help them manage their own anxieties and emotions, including meditation, mindfulness and writing their frustrations down. A clear culture of respect, praise and positive relationships is firmly embedded throughout the school.
- Leaders and managers are inspirational, confident and ambitious for children and young people. They have high expectations of their staff to change and improve the lives of children and young people. Consequently, the residential provision is very much an integral part of the school and provides a high-quality service that enhances the experiences of all children and young people.
- Partnership working is a key strength across the whole school. Parents spoken to said that communication is strong and that they feel valued.
- The school was recently awarded the Autism Specialist Award Advanced Status 2022, which is the highest accolade from the National Autistic Society. This ensures that they sustain the highest quality of care for children and young people.
Justine Sims, Head Teacher proudly commented:
"Well the year 2022 has started in the very best way as we received our ‘Outstanding’ Residential Ofsted report following our inspection in November 2021. The report is glowing and rightly celebrates the fantastic achievements of our young people and the caring and creative staff team who support them. What shone throughout both the inspection and the report is the excellent partnership between the residential setting, home, school and the support from our clinical team. ‘Consequently, the residential provision is very much an integral part of the school, and provides a high-quality service that enhances the experiences of all children and young people.’ I could not be any prouder of everyone!"
Echoing the pride, Cathryn Moore, Head of Care commented:
"We were delighted to receive our Ofsted report this week. Our young people are a credit to both ourselves and their families and they shone during the three days speaking confidently and proudly about their own achievements. The staff team at Pontville work extremely hard to ensure our young people make exceptional progress from when they join us. We all loved going out to celebrate the result together."
Well done everyone.