Hall Cliffe School celebrates Ofsted results
Pupils, parents and the team of professionals are celebrating at Hall Cliffe School following the publication of their latest report by Ofsted.
Judged as 'Good' in all areas, the school prides itself on providing pupils with a high-quality and individualised learning environment with opportunities to access learning that is tailored to their needs.
The report was glowing in praise of the quality of education, behaviour and attitudes, personal development and leadership and management. The report noted:
- This is a friendly school where pupils are safe. Many pupils who join Hall Cliffe School have struggled to settle in their previous school. At this school, pupils build positive relationships with staff. Pupils attend well.
- There is a strong focus on preparing pupils for life outside of school. In recent years, all pupils who left the school after completing Year 11 progressed to a further education or training course.
- There is a lot on offer to pupils outside of the taught subjects. All pupils participate in a daily, lunchtime activity. These activities include games, computer time or helping out in the library. Pupils also spend one afternoon each week on an enrichment activity. This is an activity which pupils identify as something new they would like to try.
- Reading is a top priority at the school. Pupils at the early stage of reading have phonics lessons regularly. Trained staff teach these phonics lessons very well. The school library is a delightful space. It is well used by pupils. Pupils love their time in the library.
- Staff’s understanding of pupils’ needs is a strength of the school.
- There is a well-organised programme of personal, social and health education (PSHE). Pupils learn about themselves and the world around them.
- The school has well-resourced citizenship and careers programmes. These contribute strongly to pupils’ personal development.
Vicky Prosser, Head Teacher commented:
“We are very excited and happy to have achieved a ‘Good’ from Ofsted. This was due to the hard work and dedication of our amazing team who are focused on creating a friendly school where all pupils feel safe and are inspired to achieve. I would like to thank all parents and carers for all their support.”
Well done, everyone.