Integrated across every area of our work
Safety & Containment
Our first therapeutic focus with all our children and young people is to re-establish or indeed establish a feeling of physical & emotional safety and containment.
Relationships and Connections
Once Stage 1 is achieved and the child feels a sense of stability, safety and support our therapeutic focus moves to the development of engagement, connections and relationships with others
Experiences and Learning
Now that we have built stronger relationships and levels of trust, our children & young people will be able to begin to engage in new therapeutic experiences and learning opportunities.
A Platform to Achieve
This unique approach to supporting young people provides them with the platform to achieve uniquely outstanding outcomes, which in turn enables each young person to go on to realise a future filled with aspiration and achievement.
Our Three Waves Model
This holistic therapeutic support and intervention service provided by our multi-disciplinary team can be mapped onto the Withersack Group's Three Waves Model.
Clinically informed & Supported Specialist Living & Learning Environment
• Therapeutic Milieu
• Whole school/home developments and focus
• Curriculum adaptations and class initiatives
• Staff training
• Internal Team Around the Child meetings
• Generic parental advice and guidance
Targeted Clinically Led Therapeutic Intervention
• Clinically supervised keywork sessions
• Clinically developed and monitored targeted programmes
• Targeted small group work
• Targeted parental engagement
• Child/young person specific training sessions
• Child focus and reflective practice meetings
Direct Clinical Engagement
• Individual Therapy
• Group Therapy
• 1 to 1 Direct Interventions
• Targeted family work
• Targeted clinical assessment
Our therapeutic approach
Across Witherslack Group we operate a completely integrated approach to education, care and therapy. This means that our therapists work across our schools and children homes to provide truly personalised support to each child and young person.
In this short film Naoimh Todd, Head of Applied Therapies, explains our approach and how our therapists work with our young people, families and staff to realise countless stories of success.