Stonycroft celebrate outstanding verdict
Young people and staff from Stonycroft Children’s Home are celebrating following the publication of their latest report by Ofsted.
Judged as outstanding in all areas, the report was glowing in praise for the overall experiences and progress of children and young people, how well they are helped and protected, and the effectiveness of leaders and managers.
Here is just a sample of some of the comments included in the report:
- The manager and staff team know the children incredibly well and promote positive outcomes for them. The aspirational culture of the home helps children grow in confidence and have high ambitions for their futures.
- Children have access to the organisation’s therapist. This tailored care contributes to children receiving support and guidance in relation to their emotional, social and psychological well-being. The therapist works with staff to further develop their understanding of the children’s needs.
- All staff have been trained in therapeutic parenting and apply these principles in the home, demonstrating real empathy for children who have experienced trauma.
- The home is led by an experienced and qualified manager. Leaders and managers are passionate about children achieving positive outcomes and experiencing excellent care.
- In addition to therapeutic parenting, staff have access to an excellent training package. Staff are committed to undertaking training specific to the children living in the home. This means staff can develop the skills and knowledge to meet the complex needs of children to a high standard.
Registered Manager, Jayne Gregory commented on the feedback:
"A fantastic result reflecting the hard work and commitment of the team in our “outstanding” home. Well done team for going above and beyond."
Well done to the staff team on a great outcome.