Ofsted success at Sandwell Learning Centre
Pupils and staff from Sandwell Learning Centre are celebrating following the publication of their first Ofsted report.
Opened in early 2021 and located in the South East of England, the integrated therapeutic learning centre provides a small group of young people with the perfect backdrop to release their full potential.
Being judged as good in all areas, the report was glowing in praise for the quality of education, behaviour and attitudes, personal development and leadership and management.
The report noted:
- Pupils grow in confidence and make friends at this school.
- Teaching, support and clinical staff get to know pupils very well. They encourage pupils to learn more about subjects that spark their interests and gain knowledge and skills that are useful to them in everyday life.
- Leaders have a clear intention that the curriculum offer for each pupil is fully personalised to their specific interests, strengths and areas to develop.
- Pupils develop an interest in reading, becoming more confident to read independently and choose books from the well-stocked library.
- Pupils enjoy taking on responsibilities. All pupils have contributed to the work of the student council, making recommendations to leaders about aspects of school life. New rewards initiatives and changes to the school menu have been introduced because of pupils’ ideas.
- Pupils receive careers advice and guidance and do work experience relevant to their career aspirations. Staff work continually on boosting pupils’ confidence and resilience. They run well-considered activities to develop pupils’ social skills.
Head Teacher, Chris Williams, reflecting on the Ofsted Inspection stated:
"I am extremely pleased with the recently published Ofsted report for Sandwell Learning Centre. It is a well deserved reflection of all of the hard work put in by the staff and young people since the school opened in 2021. To achieve such positive comments from an inspection term after only being open for a relatively short space of time, is testimony to the success of those efforts. Well done to everybody involved!"
Well done everyone!