Ofsted result celebrated at The Birches
Staff and young people from The Birches Children's Home are celebrating following the publication of their latest report by Ofsted. The report was glowing in its praise for the staff team and the progress and success of the young people who reside at the home.
Located in Merseyside, the staff team pride themselves on providing a happy, caring and nurturing environment, where children notably feel safe and make progress emotionally, socially and academically.
These fantastic qualities are noted in the report:
- The children are settled, happy and making excellent progress from their starting points.
- One professional said that children are ‘flourishing’ and live in a ‘caring and loving environment.'
- Children are supported to maintain contact with people who are important to them. Staff work closely with children’s families, and this helps families to feel supported and involved in their children’s lives.
- Children are regularly consulted with about their care, and their views and opinions are reflected throughout the home. Children are given options and choices and have personalised bedrooms that reflect their individuality.
- Children are cared for by a team of adults who are knowledgeable and nurturing. They are skilled at adapting their communication and working practices to meet the needs of the children. Staff have worked together for several years, and this provides children with consistent care, routines and boundaries.
- The manager is knowledgeable and inspirational and is passionate about the home and providing safe and positive care to children. Children are placed at the centre of everything, and the manager has used research to further improve the quality of care provided.
Registered Manager, Diane Mellor commented:
"The care, commitment and loyalty of staff to The Birches has shone through in the recent Ofsted inspection . We are truly an ‘outstanding’ home."
Well done team!