Glowing Ofsted report for Millcourt School
Pupils, parents and the dedicated team at Millcourt School are celebrating following the publication of their Ofsted report.
The overall rating of 'Good' is a cause for pride, and there are standout moments of excellence, particularly in the areas of behaviour and attitudes, as well as personal development, both marked as outstanding. The report also acknowledges the quality of education and leadership and management as good.
Highlights from the report include:
- Staff at this school make it their mission to meet the individual needs of every pupil who attends.
- A comprehensive personal, social and health education and spiritual, moral, social and cultural curriculum are planned, alongside a strong careers curriculum, to give pupils the opportunities to succeed in life after school.
- Expectations of behaviour and what pupils can achieve academically are high. In core subjects, the curriculum that pupils study is relevant and well sequenced.
- Everybody understands their roles and responsibilities, including those in governance roles. This means that staff know who to turn to for advice and support. Staff work well as a cohesive team. The feedback shared by staff was 100% positive. Staff are proud to work at this school.
- Pupils are given the tools and experiences to help them in their future lives.
- Teaching pupils to read is a key focus in school. Pupils are able to access a variety of books and texts for information and enjoyment. Well-trained staff support those pupils who need specialist phonics support. Daily reading and story sessions happen every day
- Parents are highly positive about the work the school does to support their children both emotionally and academically. Comments explaining that this school has ‘changed the life of my little boy’ and sharing how ‘staff go above and beyond’ were shared with inspectors.
Proud Head Teacher, Neil Bourke commented:
“We are delighted with the findings of the Ofsted report as it provides the school, staff and pupils with the recognition they deserve. They are an amazing bunch who can hold their heads up high, and long may this collective success continue.”
Well done, everyone.