Staff celebrate Ofsted success at Hall Cliffe Primary
Hall Cliffe Primary School have been celebrating after being awarded a good with outstanding features in the school’s very first Ofsted inspection. This is a wonderful achievement for staff, pupils and parents who are thoroughly delighted with the result.
The school prides itself on giving children a happy, welcoming and inspiring environment where they can enjoy learning and achieve success. To the delight of everyone these fantastic qualities where noted in the report.
- Pupils enthusiastically take part in a ‘Heroes’ scheme, which promotes respect for others and responsibilities. Pupils fill in application forms and are interviewed prior to being accepted as a ‘Hero’. For some pupils, this demonstrated outstanding progress in their self-confidence, self-awareness and willingness to become successful.
- Teachers know their pupils well and positive relationships give pupils the confidence to engage in learning following often lengthy absences from education.
- A carefully planned programme of therapeutic support means that pupils’ personal development and welfare are outstanding.
- Those responsible for governance are extremely well informed about all aspects of school life. They review and quality assure all aspects of the school, including the quality of teaching, on a regular basis.
- Pupils’ behaviour is good and improving quickly.
Claire Traynor, Head Teacher at the school, responded to the report by saying:
"I am so proud of the Ofsted result and all the hard work from the staff and children at the school who helped us achieve this fantastic outcome. We’re committed to our pupil’s development and believe that building their self-confidence is key to unlocking all aspects of growth and progression, both socially and academically, so I was thrilled to see this recognised in the report."