Ofsted success at Cumberland School
Pupils and staff at Cumberland School have been celebrating after being awarded a good in the school’s first Ofsted inspection since the launch of the dual site Bridge and Beacon Campuses.
The school prides itself on giving pupils a happy, welcoming and inspiring environment where they can enjoy learning and achieve success. To the delight of everyone these fantastic qualities were noted in the report.
- Leaders inspire staff to go about their work with absolute determination and often with high expectations of what pupils can achieve.
- Many pupils in the school have large gaps in their education. Once they settle into the school’s nurturing, positive and safe environment, they re-engage with learning and make good progress from their starting points.
- The curriculum is rich and varied. It balances well the strong emphasis on developing pupils’ literacy skills with a wealth of other opportunities. Pupils’ spiritual, moral social and cultural development is good.
- The school provides outstanding pastoral care. The internal team around the child (ITAC) strategy is highly effective in supporting individual pupils
- Senior leaders have a strong and accurate understanding of the quality of teaching and its impact on pupils’ learning and personal development.
To read the full report click here.
Well done to everyone at Cumberland School.