Ofsted success at Cumberland School
Pupils and staff at Cumberland School have been celebrating after being awarded a good in the school’s first Ofsted inspection since the launch of the dual site Bridge and Beacon Campuses.
The school prides itself on giving pupils a happy, welcoming and inspiring environment where they can enjoy learning and achieve success. To the delight of everyone these fantastic qualities were noted in the report.
- Leaders inspire staff to go about their work with absolute determination and often with high expectations of what pupils can achieve.
- Many pupils in the school have large gaps in their education. Once they settle into the school’s nurturing, positive and safe environment, they re-engage with learning and make good progress from their starting points.
- The curriculum is rich and varied. It balances well the strong emphasis on developing pupils’ literacy skills with a wealth of other opportunities. Pupils’ spiritual, moral social and cultural development is good.
- The school provides outstanding pastoral care. The internal team around the child (ITAC) strategy is highly effective in supporting individual pupils
- Senior leaders have a strong and accurate understanding of the quality of teaching and its impact on pupils’ learning and personal development.
Well done to everyone at Cumberland School.