Open up a world of new possibilities
Deputy Manager - Children's Homes
£43,451 - £50,029
assuming good attendance
Those huge small victories
Working in our Children’s Homes means being a part of a young person’s day to day life. This means being there for the highest highs and lowest lows. As a Deputy Manager you will be a part of making sure that the home environment can support this by ensuring both staff and the young people feel secure, safe and motivated. There will be challenges along the way but there will also be the smallest moments which feel like a huge small victory!
Our homes accommodate young people with social, emotional and mental health needs, and our aim is to create the best possible outcome for the young people in our care. This is all made possible
because our service is holistic and touches on every aspect of our young people’s developmental needs. From our Psychologists and Occupational Therapists to many other clinical team members who feed into the overall picture we achieve positive outcomes by having the most joined-up service in SEND.
Get out what you put in
By assisting in the management of the day to day operations in the home, supporting the whole team and making sure the home operates to our high standards - you enable our young people to get their childhood back and create pathways to become well rounded adults. We’re looking for a minimum of 2 years’ experience in residential childcare including experience in a supervisory capacity.
What we do for you
We know you’re going to do great things. For your hard work and commitment, we reward you with the best salary and benefits package in the care sector. With us, you’ll get to make a genuine difference to the lives of our young people – plus you’ll get:
- Salary: Base salary of £40,051 - £46,629
- Bonuses: Attendance allowance up to £1,400 per year and £2,000 Regional Allowance
- Training: A full 4-week induction on our Care Academy
- Holiday: You’ll work hard at WG, so you’ll be rewarded with 7 weeks’ holiday
- Progression: If career development is your thing, most of our registered managers have been promoted from within our group
- Flexible benefits package: meaning you can increase/decrease your holiday allowance, pension and life insurance – check out our benefits here
- Wellbeing: a host of wellbeing tools and advice including employee assistance
- Medical cover so you can claim back the cost of things like an opticians or dentist appointment and a host of high-street discounts
- Meals provided while you’re at work
- Beautiful working environments with the very best facilities – check out our homes here
- A recommend a friend scheme that offers a £2,000 bonus every time
Bring your whole-self to work
Here at Witherslack Group, we celebrate everyone’s differences as that’s what makes us the best at what we do. Our young people come from all walks of life, diverse backgrounds and with different needs – and our workforce reflects that diversity, so that our teams can engage, encourage and inspire our young people to be themselves. We’ll give you the chance to build an exciting career in a fast-growing organisation, where you’re free to achieve your potential. Here’s what we need from you;
- A committed and enthusiastic leader with a passion to make a difference
- Level 3 Diploma qualification in Residential Childcare (England)
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management is desirable – provided if needed
- A full UK driving licence which you’ve held for at least 12 months
Join the UK’s best special education and care provider
Our young people deserve the best possible future and we feel the same about our teams. You deserve to have the career you want, with a purpose-led employer, in an environment that allows you to be yourself .
The Witherslack Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check (we will cover the cost) and an online search. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
For a full job description and person specification, please see the attached document.
Children’s Support Worker / Residential Support Worker / Care Worker / Career in Care / Working with Children / SEMH