Unlock potential like never before
Teacher - Food Technology
£30,000 - £46,525
+ SEN1 + Excellent Benefits
Those Huge Small Victories
Our teachers are fulfilled by the idea of making even the smallest positive changes in our young people, so we celebrate the little things. There’s lots of ups and downs, and to some of our young people, sitting through a lesson can be a big win. We call these huge small victories and whilst they may seem small on the surface, they add up to make a big difference
Get out what you put in
You’ll be working with children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Disorder/Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. You’ll be there to help them learn, develop their abilities and raise their self-esteem. You will need to be resilient and dedicated, but those huge small victories that you achieve will be something you’re really proud of.
It can be a tough journey, but the positive steps forward will more than make up for it. As a Teacher at Witherslack Group, you’ll get all the support you need to succeed, from in-house psychologists, to teaching assistants and therapy professionals. Your colleagues will be the best at what they do, the school environments will be well-resourced and we’ll be with you every step of the way, helping you build a rewarding teaching career.
One of the best environments in SEND
Millcourt School is an independent specialist day school providing high quality education, based in Shelf, Yorkshire. The school meets the needs of a diverse group of pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs, alongside a range of other associated conditions.
The refurbished historic mill building has become a thriving and engaging educational environment. Pupils who have often had a background of multiple school placements are now part of a school that simply ‘gets them’ and is committed to working with them to achieve and succeed.
What we do for you
We know you’re going to do great things. For your hard work and commitment, we reward you with the best salary and benefits package in the education sector. With us, you’ll get to bring learning to life and make a genuine difference to the lives of our young people – plus you’ll get:
- Training: A full induction and on the job training
- Holiday: You’ll work hard at WG, so you’ll be rewarded with full school holidays
- Progression: If career development is your thing, most of our head teachers and leaders have been promoted from within our group
- Flexible benefits: meaning you can increase/decrease benefits such as life insurance – check out our benefits here
- Teacher pension scheme or a range of flexible pension options to suit personal circumstances (where applicable)
- Wellbeing: a host of wellbeing tools and advice including employee assistance
- Medical cover so you can claim back the cost of things like an opticians or dentist appointment and a host of high-street discounts
- Beautiful working environments with the very best facilities – check out our schools here
- A recommend a friend scheme that offers a £2,000 bonus every time
- We strongly believe that people should have choice and flexibility when it comes to saving for the future. As such we offer membership of the Teachers Pensions Scheme if you are eligible to join. We also offer a flexible alternative option to the Teachers Pension Scheme that allows you to opt out and receive an allowance of 15% of your base salary and free life insurance. If you take this option you are also able to join our Scottish Widows Group Pension Scheme where your employee contributions are matched up to 5%.
Bring your whole-self to work
Our young people come from all walks of life, diverse backgrounds and with different needs – and our workforce reflects that diversity, so that our teams can engage, encourage and inspire our young people to be themselves. You’ll be more than a Teacher, you’ll be able to connect with our pupils because of:
- Your ‘can do’ attitude – a team player who rolls up their sleeves to help others
- Your genuine passion for Teaching and the impact your subject can have on young lives
- The ability to relate your subject to each pupil and build great relationships with your class
- Your enthusiasm and expertise to build your department
- You’ll also need previous teaching experience and have Qualified Teacher Status
- Food Technology experience is preferred but not essential as you will be teaching other subjects
Interested in joining us?
Our young people deserve the best possible future and we feel the same about our teams. You deserve to have the career you want, with a purpose-led employer, in an environment that allows you to be yourself.
The Witherslack Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check (we will cover the cost) and an online search. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
For a full job description and person specification, please see the attached document.
Special Education / Careers in Care / Careers in Special Education / Working with Children / SEMH / SEN / ASD