Be the carer, be the role model, be the listener, be the inspiration.
Children’s Residential Care – Deputy Manager
£37,601 to £44,179
assuming good attendance
Be inspired, be rewarded, be you.
If you’re an experienced residential care professional and want to join the UK’s leading provider of specialist education and care, creating the best possible outcomes for young people, you’re in the right place.
We are opening a brand new children’s home near Albrighton and we’d like you to join our team. This home will be part of an Integrated Therapeutic Provision, offering a complete package of residential care and onsite learning, ensuring that the young people are fully supported and can achieve the best possible outcomes.
Our homes accommodate young people with social, emotional and mental health needs, offering them a stable and secure home environment that they may not have elsewhere. By making sure your children’s home is a great place to stay, you’ll be having a lasting positive impact on the lives of the young people in your team’s care. It’s truly rewarding work with some amazing benefits – not least the satisfaction that comes from watching your hard work pay off in the long-term.
Join us as a Deputy Manager to lead the team and create an environment where our young people can thrive. You’ll make sure your team and young people feel happy, safe and motivated, and that the home operates to our high standard, as well as stepping up to deputise for the Registered manager when required. The role offers real variety, allowing you to really get stuck in and make a difference.
But why should you join Witherslack Group? – as Ofsted’s highest rated provider, we are professionalising careers in care. For you, that means:
- A fully-integrated wraparound package for the young people in your care; with therapists and psychologists as part of the home team
- Real career progression with the chance to join our ‘Elevate’ future managers programme
- The best staff to young person ratios
- Regional management and support teams by your side
- Professional development for your team in our Care Academy
- The happiest teams in the sector (our employee survey net promoter score is +41!)
- Beautiful homes with the very best facilities – check out our homes here
With your experience working in the residential childcare sector, you’ll be someone your team look to for support and leadership. We’re looking for a minimum of 2 years’ experience in residential childcare including experience in a supervisory capacity. You should hold a Level 3 Diploma qualification in Residential Childcare (England) and also have held a full UK driving license for a minimum of 12 months.
The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management is desirable, but if you don’t yet have it don’t worry – we will pay for this and support you every step of the way.
Delivering positive outcomes for our young people is what we’re all about. That’s why we need a committed and enthusiastic leader, who starts every day with a fresh outlook and the passion to make a difference. We’ll give you the chance to build an exciting career in a fast-growing organisation, where you’re free to achieve your potential.
We know you’re going to do great things. For your hard work and commitment, we reward you with the best salary and benefits package in our sector. With us, you’ll get to make a genuine difference to the lives of our young people – plus you’ll get:
- Flexible shift patterns to suit your lifestyle, which may include an occasional sleep-in when required
- 7 weeks’ holiday per year
- If career development is your thing, most of our managers and regional directors have been promoted from within our group
- Pension scheme, matched up to 5%
- Flexible benefits package, meaning you can increase/decrease your holiday allowance, pension and life insurance – check out our benefits here
- Some extra bits and bobs to show how much we care: Medical cover so you can claim back the cost of things like an opticians or dentist appointment, plus employee awards, sick pay as well as a host of high-street discounts
- A recommend a friend scheme that offers a £2,000 bonus every time
Be part of our team
If you’d like to have a chat about the role or what we can offer, give our recruitment team a call on 01539 566081 option 3 or email email@example.com, we’ll be more than happy to help!
The Witherslack Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
For a full job description and person specification, please see the attached document.
Children’s services / Career in Care / Working with Children / SEMH / Deputy Manager