Be the carer, be the role model, be the listener, be the inspiration.
Children’s Night time Residential Support Worker
£24,795 - £27,748
assuming good attendance
Be the difference, be inspired, be you.
As the UK’s leading provider of specialist education and care, part of our role at Witherslack Group is to give the young people who live in our children’s homes a sense of enduring security that they may have struggled to find until now.
Whether you have previous care experience or are looking to start a new career and have a background in hospitality, security, the armed forces or other sectors, this could be the night-time role for you.
The young people here sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, feeling ill, upset or just unable to sleep. Having someone there that understands them and can make sure they’re alright makes a huge difference. Being a role model and building a rapport with each young person is key. They might be gamers, musicians or football fanatics, whatever they’re into, you’ll know how to build a rapport so if they need you in the night, they’ll feel comfortable with you and you’ll know exactly what to say. We are opening a brand new children’s home near Albrighton and we’d like you to join our team.
This home will be part of an Integrated Therapeutic Provision, offering a complete package of residential care and onsite learning, ensuring that the young people are fully supported and can achieve the best possible outcomes.
You don’t need experience, but there are a few things we’ll be looking for from you:
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the willingness to try your hand at anything
- to get stuck into a bit of cleaning or admin work in the quiet hours
- carrying out building checks and keep the house safe throughout the night
- A full UK driving licence which you’ve held for 12 months or longer
- If you don’t have a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent), we’ll fully fund you through it and support you every step of the way
We know you’re going to do great things. For your hard work and commitment, we reward you with the best salary and benefits package in our sector. With us, you’ll get to make a genuine difference to the lives of our young people – plus you’ll get:
- A full induction in our best in class ‘Care Academy’
- 4 on / 4 off shift patterns to suit your lifestyle
- 7 weeks’ holiday per year
- If career development is your thing, most of our team leaders and managers have been promoted from within our group
- Pension scheme, matched up to 5%
- Flexible benefits package, meaning you can increase/decrease your holiday allowance, pension and life insurance – check out our benefits here
- Some extra bits and bobs to show how much we care: Medical cover so you can claim back the cost of things like an opticians or dentist appointment, plus employee awards, sick pay as well as a host of high-street discounts
- Meals provided while you’re at work
- Beautiful working environments with the very best facilities – check out our homes here
- A recommend a friend scheme that offers a £2,000 bonus every time
Be part of our team
If you’d like to have a chat about the role or what we can offer, give our recruitment team a call on 01539 566081 option 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be more than happy to help!
The Witherslack Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
For a full job description and person specification, please see the attached document.
Children’s Support Worker / Residential Support Worker / Care Worker / Career in Care / Working with Children / security jobs / night time work