Be the carer, be the role model, be the listener, be the inspiration.
Children's Residential Support Worker
£28,233 - £34,402
assuming good attendance and 4 sleep-ins per month
Non-experienced RSW: £28,233 to £31,135/ Experienced RSW : £30,129 to £34,402
Hours: Full-time / Part-time flexible shift patterns
Be the difference, be inspired, be you
Our young people deserve the best possible future and we feel the same about our teams. You deserve to have the career you want, in an environment that allows you to be yourself. As a Residential Support Worker, you’ll receive a sector-leading salary, extensive benefits, training, and a clear career pathway ahead of you.
If you want to join the UK’s leading provider of specialist education and care, working passionately to create the best possible outcomes for young people, you’re in the right place.
Our care and children's home teams create family environments for young people. Our children’s homes are full of activity, new experiences and, most importantly, fun and laughter. Whether you’re a skilled cook, sporty, have a passion for the outdoors or a film buff, our children’s home teams bring their passions, experience and interests with them, so our young people are encouraged to broaden their horizons and live life to the full.
You’ll take care of our young people day to day, making sure things run smoothly and creating lasting memories. This involves making sure they are up and ready for school, helping with homework, completing paperwork and planning fun things to do! Evenings and weekends are for activities, whether that’s playing on the Xbox, having a film day or going go-karting, the sky is the limit! Our job is to give our young people their childhood back, and that’s where brilliant people like you come in.
You don’t need experience, but there are a few things we’ll be looking for from you:
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the willingness to try your hand at anything
- Great team player
- The resilience to be able to deal with challenging situations
- A full UK driving licence which you’ve held for 12 months or longer
- If you don’t have a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent), we’ll pay for it and support you every step of the way
We know you’re going to do great things. For your hard work and commitment, we reward you with the best salary and benefits package in our sector. With us, you’ll get to make a genuine difference to the lives of our young people – plus you’ll get:
- Base salary of £22,993 - £25,895 for a non-experienced support worker and £24,889 - £29,162 for an experienced support worker
- In addition to your base salary you’ll do approximately 4 sleep ins per months, these are paid at £80 per sleep (approx. £3,840 per year)
- Attendance bonus up to £1,400 per year!
- A full 4-week induction in our best in class ‘Care Academy’
- Flexible shift patterns to suit your lifestyle
- 7 weeks’ holiday per year
- If career development is your thing, most of our team leaders and managers have been promoted from within our group – plus you could join our ‘Aspire’ future managers programme
- Pension scheme, matched up to 5%
- Flexible benefits package, meaning you can increase/decrease your holiday allowance, pension and life insurance – check out our benefits here
- Some extra bits and bobs to show how much we care: Medical cover so you can claim back the cost of things like an opticians or dentist appointment, plus employee awards, sick pay as well as a host of high-street discounts
- Meals provided while you’re at work
- Beautiful working environments with the very best facilities – check out our homes here
- A recommend a friend scheme that offers a £2,000 bonus every time
Be part of our team
If you’d like to have a chat about the role or what we can offer, give our recruitment team a call on 01539 566081 option 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, we’ll be more than happy to help!
The Witherslack Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
For a full job description and person specification, please see the attached document.
Children’s Support Worker / Residential Support Worker / Care Worker / Career in Care / Working with Children / SEMH